A Checklist for Spring Home Maintenance
Here are seven spring maintenance tasks to check off your list.
Now that the seasons are changing, it’s a great time to get in the habit of doing regular maintenance around the house. Today I’ll share a few pointers to get you started so that your home is ready for the spring:
1. Change out the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. That will help ensure that your home is safe for you and your family.
2. Change your HVAC filters. This is very inexpensive and will help extend the life of your unit. You can even enroll in different programs that will send you filters every couple of months.
3. Change the direction of your ceiling fans. If you’ve changed your fans to go clockwise in the winter to circulate the warm air, you’ll want to switch the direction now that it’s getting warmer.
"Having your dryer vent professionally serviced will help it run more efficiently and reduce the risk of fire."
4. Turn your outside faucets on. Now that the threat of freezing is over, it’s safe to turn those faucets on and get your lawn ready for spring weather.
5. Clear and clean your gutters. Ensure that there aren’t any leaves or debris blocking your gutters so that the spring and summer rain can be properly diverted away from your home.
6. Clean out your fridge. Get rid of any expired foods or condiments you may have in there.
7. Service your dryer vent. Have a professional come out to clean your vents. Doing so will let your dryer run more efficiently and reduce the risk of fire.
If you have any questions or need recommendations for vendors to help you take care of these tasks, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. We’d love to help you.